Sunday, April 10, 2016

Conference Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was a really good week!  A whole lot happened on Tuesday.  We were on exchanges with the zone leaders in Twin oaks ward.  It was a lot of fun.  This time I was with Elder Lindquist.  He is a super awesome missionary!   But first we went to see their investigator, Saw.  Pretty cool name, right?  Anyways, we were able to read from the Book of Mormon with him.  And then we went over the Plan of Salvation with him.  But in the middle of the lesson he's like, “do you want a small juice?” as he is standing up to go and make some.  So we were like, “ya why not!”  So he starts to make it and he is from Burma so his English was really bad he was asking us what this fruit was and we were like an avocado and he was like, "Oh OK.  This is what we make of this juice!"  Oh OK...... ended up it was not too bad.  In fact, I got seconds on it.  I mean add enough milk and sugar you can make anything taste good!  Then we went and saw a bunch of the people and it was a lot of fun!

That night I was really cool and then my head felt like it was going to explode!  I soon realized that I was sick.  But I didn't have a chance to stop until Friday and when Friday came I didn't get out of bed until 2.  To say the least, I was tired and sick.  But I am fine now.

On Wednesday we did service all day pretty much.  In the morning we helped a member out on moving a few things and then we went finding with the Zone leaders and then went to our other service project with Red Cross which took the rest of the day.  We went door to door installing smoke alarms in homes that did not have them.  So we got to talk to a lot of people.  I had one man that we went into his house and he saw my name tag and asked about our church a bit and what I did as a missionary.  I didn't talk about doctrine because Red Cross didn't want us to represent our church but the Red Cross.  But since he asked I got to share with him a little bit about it.  He is a preacher as well, really nice guy.  Gave me a book that he wrote, "Eternity the Final Frontier."  It sounds kinda like something from Star Trek!  Buts it was a really nice gift from him.

On Thursday early in the morning we headed over to Mission Leadership Counsel.  We received some training from Mike Hemmingway, the director of proselyting for the church, and Mark Penndleton, from the missionary department.  It was really awesome.  They had answers to every question put out there and they answered some of mine.  It was really nice.  I also got to talk to some missionaries that I had not been able to talk to in a really long time.

Then Friday I was sick.  I do not remember much but it was a day.

Saturday we had Conference.  Really awesome only problem was we didn't have any investigators come for conference.  What a way to go out, no investigators came to conference.  But at least we got to watch conference.

Today we are going to Stone Mountain and I get to see Bro. Harper there so i am pretty excited to see him again.  Thank you for reading my email hope you enjoyed details.

- Elder Compton-

No comments:

Post a Comment