Monday, October 13, 2014

Fishing and More Success With Less Active Families

This last week on p-day we went fishing at this little pond and caught nothing!!!   Just so you know I had one on and the fish almost [broke my pole] so I cut the line, so there were some big ones in there.  We had to be careful because there were snapping turtles, copperheads (which are like rattles snakes) and water moccasins.  When we got home I had some chiggers on my legs but I’m ok now because they are gone.

Last Wednesday we had zone conference.  We had to get up at 3:30 to get there in time.   We also got to go to the temple.    We got to watch Meet the Mormons.  Pretty awesome!

Today we got to go to Front Mountain.  It’s about 2,823 feet high, so that was cool.  There’s a legend about it because on one side of the mountain there is a wall of rocks.  Cherokee legend has it that there were people with blonde hair and blue eyes who use to be there until the Cherokees killed them off.  So a lot of the members here believe that to be the last battle place of the Nephi nation.  So you can Google and figure out more.

This week we had more luck with the less active.  We would have appointment after appointment fall through and so we would go to a less active family and we would get in and talk to them.   We also got this less active member and his family to come to church.  I don't think he wanted to be there... BUT HE WAS THERE AND SO WAS HIS WIFE!  It was great!

Oh and awesome miracles this week!  We are being feed every single night so it is good, yeah!  I think the ward likes us.

Last week we had exchanges.  I went with my district leader and I learned a lot on how to do store contacting.  He showed me in a way that made perfect sense, so I'm excited to try it out more.  We also noticed this one thing that is happening in all the less actives.  They are not reading the Bok of Mormon and beginning to doubt Joseph Smith.  I testify that we need to read the Book or Mormon, as well as the Bible.  The Bible is the “what” and the Book of Mormon is the “why”.  Remember that.

I love you all at home.  Take care.   Thank you for all the prayers that you give for me.  Thank you so much for the letters you send.  It is a great blessing in a missionary’s life to get one.  Have an Awesome day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment