Monday, April 6, 2015

Lots of Conference Successes....and a Transfer!

Hello everyone,

Two things that really stood out to me in Elder Ballard's Interview [General Priesthood Session – M. Russell Ballard] was he kinda had all missionaries evaluate how there obedience is and and asked if we are focused as well as a few others, things.  I wrote them down in my study journal.  I plan to review those questions weekly to make sure I am doing them.  And it sounds like he wants us to raise the bar again.  So I guess we had better start aiming and jump higher.

We have exciting news that we were able to get Joseph to a session of conference and it was the [session] President Uchtdorf talked about the atonement.  I could see out of the corner of my eye Joseph wiping away tears the whole time.  He told after that was the best thing he had heard on the atonement ever.  So he felt the spirit.  Also, he has good fellowshippers and  I know that he will be baptized!!!   And I wish I could be there when he does.

We had this one guy where we knocked on his door about two weeks ago and talked to him.  He had not been to church since he was a kid.  We taught him the restoration and invited him to come to church.  He gave us a call saying we had inspired him to start going to a church and that he was going to go church shopping.  We invited him to come to conference and he said that he might.  Second session he walked in!!!  He heard the talk about how we need to be spiritually in tune, where he compared it to the old school radio, have to have it right on to hear the spirit.  After conference he asked us what the normal time was and that he would be coming and his word is good.  So that was really awesome!

Joe, who the president talked to at stake conference, watched two session including the priesthood session.  Monica came as well on Sunday and she enjoyed it as well.   She is solid but she is kind of hard to nail down a date.  She wants to read the whole Book of Mormon before she gets baptized.  Transfers are Wednesday and I am going to a new area!  So far I have been in a house to ourselves for 2/3 of my mission so I have been blessed in that regard.  But am looking forward to a new area!

Thank you everyone!!!  Love you all.


Pollen on the mission car -- allergies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment